Every business should think of the holidays as the perfect time to add to store revenue with the help of special store sales. Thanksgiving marketing should be at the top of the list as Black Friday is only hours away. Following are some of the best Thanksgiving marketing ideas that will help you and your target audience get into the spirit of Thanksgiving and boost your advertising campaign for the sales holiday!
Follow any or all of these Thanksgiving marketing campaign tips to pump up small business sales this holiday season:
- The best thing a small business could do for a Thanksgiving marketing campaign would be to partner with a local community homeless shelter or food bank and donate a percentage of your sales to the organization. Your employees could even help serve Thanksgiving dinner! When you remind customers (via social media channels) that you are a member of the community, it’s a great way to boost sales, get your business name in front of the community, and do some good on Thanksgiving day while you’re at it. Local events are fantastic for boosting brand awareness, especially for small businesses!
- Hold an after-hours shopping event. For a great Thanksgiving marketing strategy, post to your social media accounts that this Thanksgiving day (or evening), you’ll be giving a loyalty discount to your best customers and allowing them to shop your November sales after their holiday dinner! Give the first 20 people that come through the door a free gift on top of their loyalty discount. You may even want to offer a Thanksgiving meal to go along with the event (remember, you need a permit to sell food). These are great Thanksgiving marketing ideas that can easily reach your target audience and make your customers feel valued.
- Express gratitude for customers and get more social media engagement by holding a contest on social media channels where people post pictures of themselves cooking Thanksgiving dinner for a chance for loyal customers and potential customers to win a prize. Feature the photos on the landing page of your online store!
- Give discounts on items with Thanksgiving themes during Thanksgiving marketing campaigns such as wines, coffees, and pumpkin pie.
- Small businesses may want to start a blog or vlog series on social media pages in the weeks leading up to the holiday with Thanksgiving cooking tips and recipes. Update it frequently and consistently throughout the season so that followers know they can count on you for content!
- To a customer, every dollar saved is essential. Offer free shipping on all orders over a certain amount.
These are just some of the many creative Thanksgiving marketing ideas you can use to boost your sales during the holiday season. Use them as a guide to increase your store’s bottom line and stay competitive during the upcoming holiday shopping season.
If you’re interested in boosting sales with creative marketing on any other holiday, check out this list of holiday marketing, including more Thanksgiving marketing ideas for your brand!